A lot of Arduino projects rely on using relays for switching big loads or appliances that draw a lot of power compared to the Arduino.
Although these are relatively simple devices, there are some caveats in using the relays and relay modules with the projects and I'm covering them all in the video below. One of the main points that you need to know is the importance of the flyback diode!
Tools and materials used in this video:
- Arduino Uno - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9HbRep
- Arduino Nano - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9uMmsh
- 5V relay board (not isolated) - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A3UQ0p
- 5V relay board (isolated) - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AZa5Ip
- 12v relay module (not isolated) - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AthV9P
- 12 v relay module (isolated) - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AgaB9X
- 4 channel relay module - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9h4k3r
- Digital multimeter - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A6CcIz
- Male to Female dupont jumper wire - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AfVOct
- Mini breadboard - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9ihnNr
- Sonoff Basic module - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_ATsQtF
- Temperature controller - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AK2HSZ