I'm not a Christmas person but, hey, it's that time of the year again and some decorations are a must.
In order to justify the time spent decorating, I wanted to make a special decoration that will be well worth the time so I decide to use the occasion and try a custom firmware for the NodeMCU called WLED. The entire project is assembled on a custom PCB that is manufactured by PCBWay.
You can see all of the project details in the video below.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- NodeMCU Development Board - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DCsz2wb
- WS2811 RGB LED String - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DFqsF9N
- WS2812 LED String - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DlHKzOr
- Addressable LED strip - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DlHKzOr
- 5V 2A Power Supply - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DCAamnd
- Soldering station - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DDAjRKR
- Soldering kit - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DCHNgoX
- Multimeter - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Dc9VdLZ
The WLED firmware can be found here.