About two weeks ago I showed you how you should NOT build an airboat and how I learned why the position of the rudder is really important in boat design.
How NOT to build an RC airboat
I now fixed my issues by moving the rudder all the way back on the boat and I greatly improved the buoyancy by adding a skirt to the entire underside of the boat.
The test run went perfect and for a change, I did not get into the mud in order to rescue it.
Check out the build video below and for more details, you can check the build article over at Instructables.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- A2212 RC Brushless Motor - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d8VTDRx
- 30A Brushless Motor ESC - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dVRbIZL
- High power servo - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dXqayPr
- 9g servo motor - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dWBgW4v
- FlySky FS-i6X RC transmitter with FS-i6B receiver - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dXH8DMz
- 2200 mAH 11.1V Li-po RC battery - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dWsq0jn
- Li-po low voltage battery alarm - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dX7EKff
- RC replacement propellers - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dWyGB5X
- Utility knife - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dTkZJpB
- Hot Glue Gun - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dSGObPL
- Hot glue sticks - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d6FCekD
- Stainless steel ruler - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dTl8dP3
- Mini drill - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d8lfagt
- Machinist square - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d7MBCl7