On my quest to building an Arduino controlled pellet burner, I needed a way that I can control the speed of an AC fan so I played around with some triac modules from AliExpress.
The module consists of a triac, zero-crossing detection circuit, and full isolated driving of the triac through the Arduino.
The video below contains all of the details on how the control signal is generated but you can also read more about it in the Instructable article for the project.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- AC Dimmer Module - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A3CeHP
- NodeMCU - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9vHJU1
- Aligator clip cables - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9gDLId
- Dupont jumper wires - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AqmYwh
- Mini breadboard - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Adyhxn
- AC Fan - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AmI0P7
Alternative links on Banggood:
- WiFI Triac Dimmer - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/3D3RLnVgpy
- NodeMCU - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/DGvdlsP0CW
- Aligator clip cables - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/m33dOQtep5
- Dupont jumper wires - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/KG3YjJGTqh
- Mini breadboard - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/mG3yZasO60
- AC Fan - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/DGGYlsF0pL