Capacitors in power modules can hold quite a lot of charge even when disconnected from the mains.
This is exactly what I demonstrated in the repair video below, where I replace the power module of a Mi Air Purifier Pro that belongs to my brother.
The original power module of the air purifier failed with a bang because of the leaky capacitor, just after the warranty period was over so I decided that I will repair it myself.
Full written instructions for the repair can be found in the Instructable article.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- ACM3-CA-PWXR Mi Air Purifier Pro Power Module - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AphZTt
- JCD 8898 Soldering Station - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9z7oVp
- Screwdriver Set - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AONVML
- Multimeter - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9xHSYP
- Desoldering pump - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A8zEdZ