Ever since the lockdowns started, I stopped going to the gym.
After a while, I noticed that I started to lose some of the strength that I had and as the months in isolation passed by, I started to gain weight.
Determined to do something about this, I started to exercise at home and periodically ride my bicycle, but for some reason, I always missed the pull-up bar from the gym.
And to be honest, I'm not able to do a lot of pull-ups but they do feel good.
So, I bought some steel, gathered the tools, and on a weekend, I made myself a pull-up bar that is now permanently mounted in my home office.
Feel free to check the video of the making of the pullup bar in the video below.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- DC Inverter welder - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9ugfiR
- Auto-darkening welding mask - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_99SnXZ
- Angle grinder - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Acgxxp
- Welding electrodes - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AnoLuF
- Welding magnets - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A34kYB
- Grinder flap disks - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Ami85p
- Grinder cut off disks - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AlkbLh
- Chipping hammer - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_97zgJl
- Wire brush - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A2OlLt