I had two very old CPUs in my junk collection and I wanted to make something interesting with them.
Since they are not very practical for anything else other than their intended purpose, I came up with the idea to make keyrings out of them and turn them into something practical that can be used every day.
Surprisingly, CPUs make the perfect keyrings as they are perfectly sized, and also they have a good weight for the size because of the copper block that is on top of them for heat distribution.
Below you can check out the video of the build and if you want more details on it, you can check out the project Instructables article.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- Soldering station - https://www.banggood.com/custlink/vmKdjiYfv
- Soldering helping hand - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A4okCY
- Fumes Extractor - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AoP4bq
- Battery Drill - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A4pMFq
- Assorted Drill Bits - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Ar8mK8
- Keyring chain - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AprHwg