If you know me, you must know that I enjoy repairing stuff.
In a recent flea market visit, I found a job site radio that I bought for basically nothing but once I tried it out at home, it wasn't working.
The radio would turn on with a red status light but there was no sound coming out of the speaker and there wasn't any response from the commands. Since the radio supports Bluetooth and USB input and its enclosure is nice and rugged, I opened it for repair so I can then use it in my workshop.
You can check the full repair video below or check the step-by-step guide on troubleshooting here.
Now that the radio is fixed, it will be a nice addon for my workshop, where I will not care too much if it gets dusty. I plan to spend a lot more time in my workshop in 2022 (it's now December 31, 2021) so with this radio, that time will be a lot happier!
Happy New Year!
P.S. Below are all the things that you might need for such a repair.
- JCD8898 soldering station - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_ApMTD2
- Desoldering pump - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AEzNje
- Desoldering wick - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A9xaNI
- B772 transistor - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AMqeVO
- Multimeter - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9RUZU0
- Wire snips - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AA7WeC
- Solder - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9hjFqc
- Screwdriver set - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AS4mbK