A friend of mine tipped me on the existence of a strange sled in Slovenia. The sled is called Plezuh and it consists of a seat mounted to a single ski.
The sled is usually made out of wood with old children's skis but there is also one company in Switzerland called Skigibel, that makes an add-on that snaps on to any ski.
I was impressed by the design and the performance of such sleds by watching a lot of videos on them so I decided to build my own.
Unlike the Swiss version, which is made from aluminum, I decided to build mine out of iron tubing and angled iron. The steel is much stronger, easier to be put together with welding, and much cheaper. The downside is that it will be heavier to carry around but it still should be manageable.
In the video below, you can watch me build the entire sled in my workshop and if you would like to replicate the sled for yourself, I have a written article over at Instructables with detailed steps and description of each.
Unfortunately, we still don't have any snow here to try it out ☹, but I'll post an update video once we get some. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss that.
Tools and materials used in the video:
- Bicycle rear shock absorber - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9hHdij
- Countersunk machine screws - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AT7CkL
- Self-locking nuts - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Atkskj
- Washers - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AkujfN
- Epoxy glue - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A3XwGT
- Inverter welding machine - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9vLtSb
- 6013 Welding rods - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AUYAHz
- Angle grinder - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AqT1xd
- Battery drill - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AbyN39
- Assorted drill bits - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AfL1OL
- Black spray paint - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A3M1nV