In a recent video I've made I'm showing how you can easily reduce the noise from a computer power supply fan in cases where the power supply is used for other low power purposes.
This is really not recommended for use in a computer or in high power applications as it might overheat.
In my case, the power supply is used to power 8 CCTV cameras and they do not require a lot of power so there is no risk of overheating.
Check the video below for more details:
Tools and materials needed to make this project:
- Soldering iron - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d8xmmf7
- Assorted resistors - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dSIvhPF
- WD-40 - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d6tVRom
- Alligator clip wires - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Bfgjn4Tg
- Precision screwdriver - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d6zZXNu
- Heat shrink tubing - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d6pOCqA