When watching movies in a dark room, the flickering image can cause some eye strain so a bias light can really help. There are commercial solutions available but instead since this is a simple build I've made my own that turns on automatically when it gets dark.
The circuit uses a photoresistor or LDR that senses the light levels in the room and turns on an LED strip in the back of the TV to counteract the light from it.
The project is very simple and can easily be done by anyone so it is a perfect beginner project.
You can check out the full details over at Instructables.
Tools and materials needed to make this project (affiliate links):
- Soldering iron - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d8xmmf7
- Photoresistors (LDR) - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dZTauwN
- 2N2222 NPN Transistors - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d8HSvFx
- Asorted resistors - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dSIvhPF
- LED Strip - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Bf783rEt
- Protoboard - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dYLR0qN
- DC Jack - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dUiKB3j
- 12V Power adapter - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dYpFrWh